|Note - BerkeleyLUG blog posts are written by BerkeleyLUG members of various backgrounds, levels of experience etc... The views and opinions in each blog post do not represent the views of the group as a whole or the founders.|
|Posted on Monday, May 18, 2009 at 4:00 pm
by rusher81572 ||
What is Mephisto Backup?
This program can do simple backups and syncs over a network or locally.It uses tar and rsync in the background. Mephisto Backup was made with the Java programming language. The key feature of this program is the ability to backup your system to an image and copy it to a Linux Live DVD for future restoration. The user can then take that cd and move his or her system to any PC.
1. Backup your operating system to a Live CD.
2. Restore your OS from the Mephisto Live CD. The live CD is used by Mephisto Backup to Restore your system only.
3. Displays the size of your backup ISO and TAR file after each backup job is ran.
4. Blank DVD-RW’s.
5. Sync between locations and save backup configurations.
6. Burn the backup image to the live cd within the program.
7. Backup Schedules.
Additional things to mention:
1. This program is great to use in virtual machines because you can easily generate your virtual machine to a restore disc and deploy the image to any computer!
2. A single source for everything that you have to do: Backup -> Create a disc -> Burn. All in a single application!
3. ITS FLOSS!
Contact: Phillip Tribble // firstname.lastname@example.org